VP Strategy Director Job Number 1450
You constantly illuminate possibilities for your client’s business and the realities for marketing and creative strategy. As thought leader, you are the strategic link between the client’s business, consumer insight, and creative execution. As a powerful storyteller, you are a constant student of consumers and marketing strategy, keeping your finger on the pulse of trends and inserting fresh, inspired thinking into the agency’s communications strategies for our clients.
· Represents the client’s customers in client meetings and presents research/strategy findings.
· Works as a fully integrated member of the client’s designated team with particular close cooperation with account service.
· Provides leadership and guidance for other team members on branding initiatives.
· Crafts creative briefs and provides clear persuasive briefings to creatives.
· Recommends and implements research that will aid in the consumer insight gathering and strategic process.
· Manages primary research specialists and provides clear specifications for actionable relevant research to the team and client.
· Develops accurate and insightful conclusions from research data and presents strategy and direction to the client.
· Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends relevant to the client’s business.
· Hires, manages, develops, and promotes team members
· Participates in new business development
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent business experience preferred
· Seven or more years of work experience in an advertising agency in a related area, including at least four years in account planning required.
· Excellent presentation skills including internal team members, clients and potential clients.
· Excellent communication ability: Ability to read and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data. Ability to write research reports, presentations, white papers and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present research results to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
· Excellent reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.